Company culture. Behaviours, practices, and systems – guided by an overarching set of values.
But when it comes to the complex process of integrating cultures, what works and what doesn’t?
We recently hosted a conversation on integrating cultures: discussing whether it’s worth focusing on culture, and if so, how we can use culture to maximise returns.
- Alex Marples, Partner and Director of Consulting at Indigogold
- Carl Clarke, VP HR Vodafone Czech Republic
- Byron Clayton, Global HR Leader Technology, Mercer
- David Deacon, Author of The Self Determined Manager; formerly Chief Talent Officer Mastercard
- Laura Walker, Business Owner; formerly Director of Organisation Effectiveness at GSK
- Annekatrin Ott, Vice President HR Global Functions and R&D, Coty Inc
- Culture will happen whether you guide it or not. But will you like the end result if you haven’t guided it?
- To create a culture shift, you need to establish the right conditions and follow an appropriate implementation strategy.
- Leaders and managers have a crucial role to play: but true, long-lasting integration needs buy-in across the business.
To read the full conversation, click on the download link below.